Here at Twisted Hair Salon we appreciate you curls, and hope that you do too. According to L’Oreal Paris, there are a lot of women (and men) out there hiding their curls, and it’s no surprise that the curly vs. straight hair debate has been one of the longest-standing of the hair industry.
In 2013, L’Oreal Paris commissioned an online ‘Curly Girl’ interactive survey via Harris Interactive on over 2,000 adults in the United States and here are some of their stats:
- 74% of women with wavy/curly hair say their curls get compliments
- This means be proud of your mane! The world loves your curls and so should you!
- Nearly 50% of men and over 50% of women say that they perceive curly-haired girls as more fun
- Nearly 80% of women would wake up with curly hair if given the option to choose their natural hairstyle
- That frizz atop your beautiful head? yeah, a hot commodity!
- 35% of women with curly hair say their curls make them feel unique
- In the times where straight hair is all the rage, your natural bounce makes you even more unique
- 47% of women with curly hair leave their hair ‘au natural’ every day
- 43% of women with curly hair feel free with their curls, 25% feel girly and 22% feel young
- No shame in any of those feels!
- 54% of women reach for the curling iron when they want to glam it up
By Tess Dutton